<- Previous picture Stop show Next picture ->
Image number 147
oldmerstham.com image number 147
Share with ...

Damage caused by parachute mine in Battlebridge Lane, Merstham. April 19th, 1941. Windsor Spice Ltd.


All Saints' Church.

The original All Saints' Church of South Merstham was built in 1897. On the evening of Saturday 19th April, 1941, a parachute mine landed, completely destroying the church, vicarage and nearby houses. Ten people were killed, including one of the vicar's sisters. The vicar and his 2nd sister were badly hurt.



Website Copyright © 2002-2022 Paul Walters.
Ownership of all of the material on this website remains with the respective owners.
No part of the website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or any means,
electronic or manual, without prior permission from the website author.
Please read a statement on copyright, our privacy policy, and our cookie policy.